Eight years ago, I started a journey to claim my life. I started life coach training, gave up teaching and embraced becoming a life coach. This was when I began to reconnect to parts of me that were long hidden. I dissolved long held beliefs and fears and began to put myself out into the world. My Claim Your Life Coaching website was a huge part of that journey. My life – my career, my relationships, but mostly my inner world and how I felt out in the world – was completely changed. I felt connected to myself and again began to love and understand me.
This month, I begin another phase of that journey. For some time, Nik and I have been cultivating a dream to move back to a tropical place, find the surf and show our kids what life is like in somewhere new. We had different reasons for this urge but luckily it pulled us both to the same place!
So ……my husband, two children (Van age 11 and Maya age 10) and I packed a few important belongings into our mini-van and set off to begin our 9 month adventure to Sayulita, Mexico.
One of the main professional reasons behind my pull to make this big change is to share a glimpse into the life coach tools I use that have helped my clients (and myself!). I want to share how I came to my decision, how I will continue to let my inner GPS (emotions, body and intuition) guide me, and how I get past the roadblocks of fear and unhelpful thoughts. I want to share what it looks like to coach myself through change and growth and what it takes me (ie. staying out of drama) to Claim My Life. It is an inside peek of how a Martha Beck trained coach walks her talk with hopes that you get some tips if you are stuck in walking a talk that feels true to who you are and what you want now.
You will be interested in reading this if you:
- are facing a change (a move, a career change, divorce/separation…)
- want to move forward feeling more calm, confident and connected to yourself and others
- want to find out how to be guided by your inner GPS (your body, emotions and intuition)
- want to become aware of your thoughts and how to ensure they are aligned with your empowered self rather than with fear-based thinking
- want to Claim Your Life (drama free!) and create what you want for yourself now …even if you don’t know what that is yet.
I look forward to sharing my journey with you! Thanks for joining me.